Thursday, December 9, 2010

Exit Slip 12-9-10

3 ways to intergrate technology in Ella's class. 

If I was a teacher of Ella's 3rd grade classroom I would implement 3 different technology tools in the classroom.  First of all I would make sure all of my lesson plans catch my students interest by making them interactive.  I would design Interactive white board lessons to help all of my students learn the material.  I would make sure not to use the software as a power point lesson, but allow my students come in front of the class and manipulate the lesson to enhance learning. 

The second method I would intergrate in my classroom is different blogging tasks.  I believe it is a good idea to have students write for other reasons besides getting a grade from the teacher.  I want my students to see the value of why they are learning material and not just doing the assignment to recieve a grade.  I would love to intergrate my English and Literature subjects onto the blog.  Students would be able to write different ideas, and also collaborate with other students.

The last element I would like to incorporate into my classroom is the idea of learning from any where. This not only allows parents to see what is happening in my own classroom, but allows my students to follow my class from anywhere around the world.  I would have my students create pod casts to update parents and allow students to share feelings about the ideas they have learned.  I would also have Screen casts available online for students to follow If they were stuck on a math assignment. 

Overall my thinking about technology has changed over the course.  Before entering this class I thought technology broke at the sight of me.  But now I am able to embrase technology.  I always thought I would use technology in my class, but I never really had a vision on how my classroom would look with technology.  I now have a clear picture of how technology should look like in a classroom and am excited by the different possiblities technology can change my teaching style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment