Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reflection on My Technology Inquiry Wiki

Completing this technology inquiry wiki had an appropriate amount of workload to accomplish the task.  I feel that the biggest challenge, was taking a day off from everything and only focusing on this task.  I know that many of my classmates have not even started yet, and it just feels good to have everything accomplished for this class. 

After I got started, it was pretty easy to do.  We had to have 3-5 formal and informal sources to back up our research.  It was a little challenging to remember back to freshman year, when I took English 101, on how to write an annotative bibliography.  However the professor provided a check list to see if we were on the right track.  This was very helpful because I was able to go through the check list and see what specifically needed work and what met his expectations.  

Writing the best practices was the easiest part of the assignment.  I had all the information I wanted to include and putting my thoughts together was the easiest part.  I also had all the information for the additional information slide, and had completed my Annotative Bibliography.

I would defiantly consider using wiki's in my classroom in the future.  I would like to have students enter in different literature assignments to the classroom wiki.  This would be an easy place to post the various assignments students are assigned and also a great way to place my different screen-casts to allow my students to view them when they are absent.   Overall this was a worthwhile assignment because I was able to express my knowledge of online schooling to other people besides my professor.  Of course he will check it out, but I will be able to allow other people to look at it as well.  In addition I could continue my research on Online schooling, if I wanted to, and keep up to date information on my research.  This would be a good way to summerize all my work put into this topic. 

To view my Technology Inquiry Wiki press on the link provided below. 

http://cbahr261.wikispaces.com/Online+Schooling

No comments:

Post a Comment